Accuracy in the measurement of Natural Gas and Biomethane, has a strong relationship with an ability to collect and deliver a representative sample defined by science and standard.
The value of natural gas is determined by its quality.
What is a Representative Sample? A representative sample is simply a volume of natural gas whose makeup is consistent with that flowing in the pipeline from which it was taken. The widely accepted standard API 14.1; GPA 2166, API MPMS 14.1, ISO 10715 (Biomethane EN 16723 Part 1 and Part 2) and ISO 6976 Natural gas defined that a representative sample must be:
- Identical composition, or as identical as possible to the sample source stream.
- Above the hydrocarbon dew point.
- Representative of the vapor phase
- Representative of the vapor phase only the of portion of the system being analyzed.
- Representative of the vapor phase composition
SCS is usually needed to adjust and adapt the condition of sample in order to get the best condition sample for analyzer.